This year we will be hosting a Stormwater Excellent Awards in conjunction with AWA award program.
It is entitled "Urban Drainage Asset Innovation Award".
The award is to recognise significant and innovative stormwater management and groundwater control projects and initiatives.
Nominees for this award may also be considered for Stormwater Industry Association national awards in either category of infrastructure or asset management (provided essential criteria are met)
Nominations close offically Monday 16 September 2013. Late entries might be accepted (unoffically) as late as Sunday Sep 22nd.
Winners will be announced at the AWA gala dinner on Friday 22 November 2013.
Click here for the Application Form
Click here for the Awards Flyer
The entries will be judged on the following...
- Delivery of significant benefits including stormwater management and groundwater control outcomes that exceed minimum legislative requirements
- Demonstrated excellence in design and construction techniques OR the project promotes or employs innovative processes or practices for the management/maintenance of stormwater and/or groundwater control systems and ensures they meet or exceed expected levels of reliability, functionality and ease of operation.
- Demonstrated excellence in consideration of economic, environmental, recreational and cultural values including stakeholder collaboration.
- Provides a benchmark example for industry and the community to learn from and refer to.
- Largely developed in Western Australia.
- Completed nomination form
- 500 word introduction to the nominee organisation(s) and the project being nominated
- 100 word executive summary (outlining the project, key features, effectiveness etc).
- Response to criteria (maximum 12 A4 pages)
- Two letters of reference outlining demonstration of criteria (maximum 500 words)
- Photo of project team or one of the project elements for promotional purposes (in jpg or similar format)
- Supporting documentation - may include articles, publications, media etc in a variety of formats.(optional)